Only a small bit of progress today but progress none the less.
Green tinted windscreen with top tint and a new aftermarket seal.
Oh, the lower screen decal and a fresh pair of washer jets too with new hose, so, I suppose it doesn’t look like much happened but it did!
To be able to handle the increased power of the engine that’s going in the crew cab I’ve ordered some 108mm drive flanges as found on a 16″ syncro. The Porsche Box im using also has 108mm flanges so it should be easier to find some shafts as they will have the same size CV joints.
Off to pastures new for a while, hopefully it comes back all shiney and straight.
I bought this flap lock about 12 years ago, had it kicking around, never fitted it.
Found it the other day along with the bezel and escutcheon, seemed a shame to leave it in its box so we quickly fitted it before it goes for paint.
Worked a Saturday afternoon to do a few jobs as it’s going for paint soon.
The PAS reservoir has been mounted in the engine bay and the brackets came back from the machine shop to mount the front to rear flexible pipes up out of the way of sticks and stones.
…found the original Vw T3 syncro front decal I used to redraw the logo.
I never realised that the wonky line across the bottom was to align it to the front panel!
My mate is converting his syncro from petrol to Diesel, obviously his petrol loom won’t fit so I made him a new one. 🙂 I enjoy doing little jobs like that.
We’ve used a pick up tank on the syncro, all well and good but the breather stub at the top of the tank is a different diameter to the van tank. The van tank has a stub size of 12mm however the pick up tank is 15mm.
It’s not something we stock so we had to make one, 12mm OD aluminium tube and some 15mm OD tube pressed into each other then the ends swaged. Tig welded together, etch primed then powder coated, all in house in about
30 mins. Well happy!