A few pics from the other day I forgot to record.
Gearbox mount it roughly tacked in sort of the right place and we had a bit of time so we had a look at how we could mount the engine.
Seemingly a engine mounting bar from a T3 petrol isn’t far off at all.. Result.
Calipers arrived for the V8 Doka.
The Audi the engine came out of was equipped with a viscous fan driven from the auxiliary belt and mounted upon a idler. As you can see from the pictures the fan screwed onto the threaded protruberance. Said thread got in the way so first mod was to remove the idler and cut off the threads, just so it doesn’t keep catching the rear valance as we jack and lower and jiggle the engine in the hole. Yes, it looks a bit gash but we’ll tidy it up later, just more interested in getting it in the hole at the moment.
Engine roughly bolted to the gearbox and badly thrown in the hole just to get an idea of how much room we’ve got to play with, quite a lot seemingly!
To be able to handle the increased power of the engine that’s going in the crew cab I’ve ordered some 108mm drive flanges as found on a 16″ syncro. The Porsche Box im using also has 108mm flanges so it should be easier to find some shafts as they will have the same size CV joints.
17″ steels, this is what a T3 looks like without springs!
As if I don’t have enough to do.
Reasonably exciting. Really thick steel, I could be scientific and measure them, rack of the eye will do for me!